22nd Economic Forum (2012)
Krynica -Zdrój September 4-6th 2012
President Komorowski: we need greater transparency of the fiscal system
Reforms are necessary to increase the transparency of the fiscal system in Poland; we must also maintain absorptive internal market in Poland – convinced President Bronisław Komorowski during the 22nd Economic Forum in Krynica on Tuesday.
"We must maintain absorptive internal market in Poland; it was our chance in the time of defence against the crisis already affecting Europe. As a large country, we have a large, absorptive internal market – it plays the role of a safety buffer and provides stability in the case of crisis abroad" – said Komorowski. He added that faith and optimism might not be sufficient for supporting consumption in households and in investments and corporate sector.
According to the president, one of important conditions for stimulating internal market is to increase employment. "One of the key pillars of the internal market are small and medium size enterprises, which provide employment for more than a half of all professionally active Poles" – he remarked.
In his opinion, Poland needs reforms increasing transparency of the fiscal system and freedom of business activity – by improving the legal system and business judiciary. "Let’s open Poland to new ways of maintaining economic growth" – appealed Komorowski. He added that Poland needed also "geographic diversification of its commercial and business involvement ".
According to the president, another necessary thing is a greater activity of regional or industrial chambers of commerce.
22nd Economic Forum
Date: 4-6th of September 2012 (Tuesday – Thursday)
Location: Krynica-Zdrój, Poland
- Day 1: Inauguration with a Plenary Session, Panel discussions, Thematic Blocks, Concert, Economic Forum Awards Ceremony
- Day 2: Plenary Sessions, Panel discussions, Thematic Blocks (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Day 3: Plenary Sessions, Panel discussions, Thematic Blocks (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.), Recreational events, Closing Ceremony
Thematic blocks shall consist of the following elements:
- Report presentation
- Business leader presentation or presentation of an institution if the block shall be placed in a non-commercial group of debates
Panel discussion, conducted in the previous formula, means that apart from the moderator no more than four panelists will take part in the discussion.
- The municipality of Krynica
- "Stary Dom Zdrojowy"
- "Nowy Dom Zdrojowy"
- "Pijalnia Zdrojowa"
- Foundation Institute for Eastern Studies
- Economic Forum Programme Council
- Partners of the Economic Forum
- Six Plenary Sessions
- More than 100 panel discussions, lectures of the personalities of the public sphere, workshops and round table discussions
- National and regional presentations
- Cultural programme: literature evenings, presentation of movies, concerts, evening cocktails organised by the Economic Forum partners
- Wide variety of recreational events scheduled for September 4 and 5 after 4 p.m. more various than in 2011
As in the previous years, the Awards of the Economic Forum will be handed out in the following categories:
- Man of the Year 2011 of Central and Eastern Europe
- Company of the Year 2011 of Central and Eastern Europe
- New Culture of New Europe
Guests of the Forum:
- 2500 invitees from Europe, Asia, USA and Middle East countries
The base for the 2012 Economic Forum programme will be groups of topics discussed during the 2012 edition:
- Business and Management
- International Politics
- International Security
- Forum of Regions
- NGO Forum and Society
- Energy Forum
- Innovations and Sustainable Development
- The European Union and its Neighbours
- New Economy
- State and Reforms
- Healthcare Forum
After 4 p.m. – recreational programme (picnic and trips in Krynica neighborhood area, horse riding and many other attractions).
After 7 p.m. – programme of recreational events (authors’ evenings, concerts, presentation of movies, presentation of reports).
Technical support of the Economic Forum:
In order to meet the needs of the Economic Forum guests, the computer system will be improved. It will allow access to information on the programme and guests of the Economic Forum before the beginning of the Conference. During the Economic Forum, the system will enable guest to establish contacts and will inform on the latest activities.