Investment Forum (2008)
Investment Forum of the Economic Forum will gather selected investors from Poland and Central-Eastern Europe as well as representatives of governments and parliaments, who are responsible for the course of privatization processes in Central Europe.
On the one hand, the conference will be an endeavour to recapitulate the results of the economic transformation in Central-Eastern Europe and on the other hand it should be an opportunity to introduce propositions of privatization policy for the following years.
The discussion during the Investment Forum will concentrate on the five following subjects:
- Privatization in Central-Eastern Europe – a success or a failure.
- Who will build a modern infrastructure for the functioning of economy in the best and fastest way.
- What is Central European financial sector like and what will it be like in the future.
- Will private fuel and electricity industry concerns guarantee us energetic safety.
- Privatization in Power industry- will it guarantee financial means for necessary investments
The Forum debates will be accompanied by presentations of privatization offers from Central and Eastern European countries. The conference will be organized in a form of succeeding discussion panels.
About 150 guests from Central and Eastern European countries will participate in the Forum which will be held on September 10th 2008 in Tarnów. The guests will then also take part in the Economic Forum in Krynica-Zdrój.
The Forum will be organized under the honourary patronage of the Minister of Treasury Aleksander Grad.
So far the following guests have confirmed their participation in the Forum:
- Antonio de Almeida, President, EDP, Portugal
- Saparbek Balkibekov, Minister, Ministry of Industry, Energy and Fuel Resources, Kyrgyz Republic
- Jan Krzysztof Bielecki, President of the Board, Bank Pekao S.A., Poland
- Jan Bury, Secretary of State, Ministry of Treasury, Poland
- Philip Clarke, Director for Continental Europe Investments, ESB International, Ireland
- Aleksander Grad, Minister of Treasury, Poland
- Laszlo Gyerko, Vicepresident, The Authority for State Assets Recovery, Government of Romania
- Wojciech Heydel, President of the Board, PKN Orlen, Poland
- Dariusz Mioduski, President of the Board, Kulczyk Investment House, Poland
- Zdzislaw Olejczyk, President of the Board, Fortum Heat Polska, Poland
- Jerzy Pruski, President of The Board, PKO Bank Polski S.A.
- Martin Roman, President of the Board, CEZ a.s., Czech Republic
- Valentyna Semeniuk- Samsonenko, Head, State Property Fund, Ukraine
- Ludwik Sobolewski, President of the Board, Warsaw Stock Exchange, Poland
- Krzysztof Spandowski, President of the Board, PERN „Przyja¼ñ” S.A., Poland
- Jacek Socha, Vice-President of the Board, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Poland
- Maciej Stanczuk, President of the Board, WEST LB Bank Polska S.A., Poland
- Michal Szubski, President of the Board, Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo
- Filip Thon, President of the Board, RWE in Poland, Czech Republic
- Erkin Urinov, Vice President, Uzbek Commodity Exchange, Uzbekistan
- Nauduzas Vytautas, Viceminister, Ministra of Economy, Lithuania
- Emil Wasacz, President of the Board, Stalexport Autostrady, Poland
- Wojciech Wlodarczyk, President of the Board, Operator Logistyczny Paliw P³ynnych, Poland
- Alykbek Zhaparov, Minister of Economic Development and Trade, Kyrgyzstan
- Krzysztof Zuk, Undersecretary of State, Ministry of Treasury, Poland
Investment Forum of the Economic Forum
Phone: (0048) 022 583-11-00